Top 10 Reasons you should be excited about the Tar Sands Resistance March on June 6th:
5. It will take literally hundreds of hands to carry all the amazing art that was built over 5 days for the March (watch the video from the art build here)!
6. The Community: Indigenous, Faith, Landowner, Bakken pipeline fighters, Coalition Against Oil by Rail and Youth will have blocs at the March and the main facebook event page is here!
7. The music: From drums and conch shells and the Raging Grannies, to a welcome song from Greg Grey Cloud and performance by Frank Waln (recently featured on MTV’s Rebel Music program), there will be some powerful music!
8. The stories: we have heard from many folks with their stories about why they will be joining us on June 6th, but we want to hear from you too! Read stories from Eric Hansen and Carter Zinn and check out the amazing graphics on facebook.
9. The Power: We know what we want and we will let our leaders know too by having the BIGGEST March against Tar Sands ever in the region! Watch these celebrities tell us that we need to stop tar sands or this video on what we are fighting in order to protect our water, communities and climate!
10. The Movement: This event is just one moment in a growing movement to stop tar sands and it is powerful. Join us on June 6th, be inspired and help us keep the momentum going to #stoptarsands!
Hope to see you there on June 6th, please RSVP today!